It is highly recommended to get a Door to Door Quote. The service will be much more seamless, avoiding potential pitfalls which are liable to happen when you do not get door to door service.
Door-to-Door rates will include all of the following:
1. Pre-packing and wrapping furniture at your home (including packing material)
2. Pick up from your home
3. Packing into liftvans (or an exclusive container)
4. Consolidation prior to shipping
5. Loading goods into a steamship container
6. Delivery to port
7. Payment of all ocean freight charges
8. Customs clearance in Israel (excluding port handling charges/taxes & duties)
9. Delivery to residence within 50 miles of port of entry –
up to 2nd floor (normal access)(incl;
Warehouse-to-Door rates (household goods are brought to our agent’s warehouse) include items 3-9
Warehouse-to-Port rates include items 3-7.
Note: When obtaining rates from a freight forwarding company, it is extremely important to find out what is not included, to avoid being surprised by hidden costs.
At Sonigo, our rates are straightforward and include everything as already outlined above. There are, however, some costs which are not included, as they rarely occur. They are as follows:
- Insurance, billed as a percentage of your shipment value, as declared by you.
- Duties (meches)
- Extra services – Delivery beyond 50 miles of port of entry (if we don’t know the delivery address at the time of quoting), long carries (more than 75 feet from truck to entry door of residence), stairs above 2 floors without an elevator, special documents if needed, hoisting, outside elevator, shuttles, parking permit, piano handling, furniture reassembly, carpenter services, storage and demurrage).
Generally, Sonigo will outline these additional charges (if they apply) in your quote so you will know exactly what to expect before hiring our services.