Privacy Protection Policy
Last update: June 3, 2021
- This policy applies to your use of the website of Sonigo International Shipping, Packing & moving Ltd., Sonigo.com (hereinafter the “Website“), which includes Sonigo International Shipping, Packing & moving Ltd., (hereinafter “Sonigo”, the “Company”), regardless of how you access or use them.
- This Policy applies to all uses of our Website by our users, including:
- When you are using the Website, whether using your computer, mobile device, or any other device of yours, and whether you connect to the services through the Website or from any other website and/or application.
- Phone calls, emails, other electronic messages including SMS, phone, internet chat, website/portal, and any other means of communication between you and the Company.
- Please note: You are not required by law to provide the Company with any personal information. However, without providing the information, you will not be able to receive the services provided by the Company and through the Website. You hereby acknowledge and agree that you provide us with personal information of your own free will, for the purposes specified in this Policy, and that we are allowed to keep such information in accordance with this Policy and the provisions of any law. Providing the information about yourself constitutes a statement on your part as to its correctness.
- In this document, the “Company” and “Sonigo” also encompass Sonigo employees, Sonigo executives, and/or anyone on their behalf.
The information collected by Sonigo
Which you provide to us or that is collected by us, shall be stored in the databases of personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”).
The Company shall keep the personal information about you for the time necessary to fulfill the purposes of using the information specified in this Policy or for a longer period of time as required or in accordance with the relevant applicable law provisions.
Information you provide us
- When you request information about services provided by the Company and/or a quote for these services, you will be required to provide us with personal information such as first name, surname, telephone number, residential address, e-mail address, etc.
- When you contact us by phone, email, or otherwise, or through the feedback form found on the Website, the Company could receive information that can identify you personally. We may monitor and save phone calls, emails, live chats and record any communication between you and the Company’s customer service representatives.
- As stated, you are not required by law to provide the information, but without providing it, it may be that you will not be able to use certain services on the Website and that the Company will not be able to provide you with those services.
- You must solely provide correct, accurate, and complete information and you hereby confirm the correctness of the information you have provided. As stated, you are not required by law to provide the information, however, incorrect information or failure to provide the required information in its integrity may, among others, prevent you from using the services on the Website, impair the quality of service provided to you, damage the completion of your order and impair the ability contact you. If your information has changed, you must update it online on the Website or by contacting our customer service.
- Information we collect from third parties
- 1. As mentioned above, if you register to the Website using the Facebook website or any other social network, your contact information (such as name, email, link to a profile picture) will be sent to us from the network through which you registered.
- Information we collect automatically
We automatically collect personal information as well as statistical aggregate information related to your use of websites, in one or more of the following ways:
- 2. We may use third-party services to collect and analyze personal information regarding your activity on the Website as well as anonymous, statistical, or aggregate information, regarding the use of the Website, for the purpose of analyzing the traffic to the Website.
The use of information
- In order to enable you to use the Services on the Website;
- In order to identify you when re-entering areas that require registration and to save you from having to enter your details each time;
- In order to improve and enrich the services and content offered on the Website, including creating new services and content personally customized to the requirements of Website users and their expectations, and modifying or canceling existing services and contents;
- In order to adapt commercial and marketing advertisements and information to your personal preferences and/or your shopping habits by presenting content and services on websites that match you personally, including through social media platforms and messages;
- In order to match the ads presented to your fields of interest when you visit and browse the Website. The information used by us for this purpose will not personally identify you by name or address;
- In order to occasionally send you information regarding services, content, and offers that may interest you, as well as marketing and advertising information, including customized offers based on the information collected about you – whether information we publish ourselves or information we receive from other advertisers. For the avoidance of doubt, such information will be sent to you by email, SMS, and various media, including through social media platforms, only if you have provided your consent, and you can revoke your consent at any moment by sending a message to [email protected], by clicking on a “Unsubscribe from the mailing list” link that appears in any such email, or by following any instruction that the Company may include in the message sent to you, and stop receiving it in accordance with the provisions of Section 30A of the Communications Law (Bezeq and Broadcasting) 5742-1982.
- For customer service purposes, including responding to feedback and complaints, and in order to contact you (if necessary) or for the purpose of analyzing and providing statistical information to third parties, including advertisers. This information will also not identify you personally.
- For the needs of the Company, including, among others, for the purposes of service and surveys, research and statistical analysis about the use of the Website;
Providing personal information to third parties
- The Company undertakes to maintain the databases in accordance with the Privacy Protection Law, 5741-1981 (hereinafter: “the Privacy Protection Law“), and shall not transfer the information that personally identifies you to any third party except in the cases listed below:
- In order to provide you with the services on the websites and manage the personal information collected about you on the Website, through the Company’s service providers (including their subcontractors), to a reasonable extent and for business purposes, such as cloud computing platforms and hosting providers (in Israel or abroad), support service providers and service improvement, billing providers and collection of payments for your purchases on the Website, email sending providers and marketing information, including targeted and customized advertising in the various media, invoices and receipts, and more;
- In case you perform or attempt to perform any actions that appear to be against the law through the Website, or in connection with it;
- In case the Company receives a court order directing it to disclose your details or information about you to a third party, even if it is not the court;
- In any dispute, claim, lawsuit, demand, or legal proceedings, if any, between you and the Company (including subsidiaries and/or affiliates) and/or anyone on its behalf;
- In any case the disclosure of the information, at the sole discretion of the Company, is necessary to prevent serious damage to your body or property or to prevent serious damage to the body of a third party;
- The Company may provide and share anonymous, aggregate, and statistical information with other companies or organizations involved in the management and current operation of the Website as well as with suppliers, business partners, advertisers, and any third party at its sole discretion, however, the Company shall not intentionally reveal your identity to them without your consent;
- When purchasing products or services sold on the Website as part of joint activity of Sonigo and a third party as presented on the Website prior to the purchase of that product or service, Sonigo may provide these partners with the information they need to complete the purchase process, manage relevant content and maintain contact with you.
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that are transferred to your device and stored in it through your web browser for documentation purposes. Some Cookies make it easier for you to navigate on the Website, while others enable a faster log-in process or allow you to track your actions on the Website.
- Some cookies expire upon closing the browser and others are stored on your computer’s hard drive. We would like to clarify that Cookies contain a variety of information such as pages you have visited, the amount of time you spent on the Website, how you reached the Website, sections, and information that you request to see when entering the Website, and more. Cookies also help, among others, to collect statistics on the use of the Website, in order to adapt the Website to your personal preferences and information security needs. Cookies can also be used by the Company to avoid the need of entering your personal information every time you revisit those sections that require registration on the Website.
- The information in Cookies is encrypted, however, if you do not wish to receive Cookies, you can avoid this by changing the settings in your browser. In addition, you can delete cookies on your computer at any time. Please be aware that by doing so, the Website will not be adapted to your preferences, and deleting or disabling Cookies may result in you not being able to use some of the services and features on the Website or other websites or compromising your user experience.
- The Company implements protection mechanisms to secure the information on the Website. These security mechanisms are designed to reduce the risks of unauthorized intrusion into the Company’s databases. However, they can never confer complete immunity. Therefore, the Company does not guarantee that the Website will be completely immune from unauthorized access and misuse of the information stored on it.
- The Company urges you to take steps to maintain the security of your personal information, including the password for accessing your user account, and to log out of your account after finishing the use. The Company shall not be responsible in any way for the disclosure of your user information, or for any misuse of your information resulting from the fact that you did not keep your username and password confidential, or that you did not update your passwords frequently.
- By using and purchasing on the Website, you declare that you will not have any claim and/or demand against the company and/or anyone on its behalf due to any breaches, intrusions, malfunctions, and/or disruptions on the Website, provided that these events were out of the Company’s control and the reasonable measures were taken by the Company to prevent such events.
- The Company may retain your personal information in accordance with the applicable law in order to resolve disputes, resolve issues, assist in any investigation, comply with legal provisions requiring retention of information about transactions/payments, enforce the Terms of Service and take other actions permitted by law.
- Certain services on the Website, such as Facebook-related services, are actually managed by entities other than the Company. In such cases, the Services will be provided or operated not only by the Company’s computers but through the other entities as specified.
- The Company may receive assistance from third parties, including advertising companies, for the purpose of presenting advertisements on the Website or other websites or for the purpose of providing other services. It may be that these parties will use information about your online activity (which does not include personally identifiable information), among others, in order to offer advertisements for products and services that you may be interested in.
Links to third-parties
Collection of information for statistical purposes
- The Company uses various companies that provide it with statistical analyzes about the use of the Website. The companies collect and analyze information about the extent of use of the Website, frequency of website visits, the sources of users’ access to the Website, and so on. The information collected is statistical in nature, it does not identify you personally and is intended for analysis, research, and monitoring purposes.
Right of access to information
- According to the Protection of Privacy Law, every person is entitled to review himself, or by his proxy, who has received written permission or by his guardian, the information held regarding him in a database. A person who has reviewed the information about him and found that it to be incorrect, incomplete or unclear, or out of date, may contact the owner of the database with a request to correct or delete that information. If the owner of the database refuses to fulfill this request, he must notify the applicant on that matter using the measure specified in the regulations. Regarding the refusal of the information holder to allow the applicant to review the information, and his refusal to correct or erase information, the information applicant may appeal before the Magistrate’s Court in the way and in the manner specified in the Privacy Protection Regulations (Terms for the Examination of Information and Procedures in the Appeal for Refusal to Request Examination), 5741-1981.
- If the information in the Company’s databases is used to contact you personally, based on your affiliation with a population group, determined by the characterization of one or more people whose names are included in the database (hereinafter: “Commercial Offer Inquiry”), then you are entitled, under the Privacy Protection Act, to request that the information relating to you will be deleted from the database used to send commercial offers (“Direct Mail”) as mentioned herein. Information necessary for the conduct of its business, including documentation of commercial activities and other transactions carried out on the Website, will continue to be stored in the Company’s databases by law, but will no longer be used for the purpose of soliciting such commercial offers. If within 30 days you do not receive a notification that the information we have been asked to delete has indeed been deleted in accordance with this Policy, you will be entitled to apply to the Magistrates’ Court in the matter specified by law, to order us to act as mentioned herein. A request to delete such information that is not required for the purpose of applying for a commercial offer will be deleted from the Company’s databases at the Company’s discretion or by a court order.