Preparing for Your Move
The following is a guideline of things to do before your move:
Set your pick-up date with Sonigo – Generally figure 1 day for liftvan shipments; 1-2 days for 20ft Containers; 2-3 days for 40ft containers.
Note: We recommend setting this date at least three to four weeks before your move – ESPECIALLY IN SUMMER AND IF YOU INTEND TO MOVE AT THE END OF THE MONTH.
- Get boxes from our local agent if you intend to pack non-breakables.
- Make purchases and coordinate delivery of these items with vendors, Sonigo and our local agent.
- Prepare your insurance list.
- Make sure you are familiar with your Israeli customs duties and rights, and any restrictions for importing your household goods into Israel. If you are not completely certain, Sonigo will be happy to answer your questions or at least point you in the right direction
- Create your Israeli Customs list (if you are packing your own – or some of your own – belongings).
- Organize your home so it will be easy to tell the movers what they need to pack and take.
- Make note of any items you do not want the movers to pack and load. You can use stickers, sticky notes or something similar, or move these items to a “no go” area or room.